26 Sep Tips for Successful Posting on Facebook
Salesforce has published a series of useful blueprints for successful posting on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and blogging. The blueprints covered all the basics, and there were some helpful rules of thumb on every page.
Keep it short and sweet to increase engagement:
- Your blog post title should be less than 12 words
- Limit the length of your LinkedIn post to 50 characters. Shorter posts have up to 28% more engagement
- On Facebook, limit your post to 90 characters including your URL link.
Draw readers in by:
- Using high impact images with bright colors. On Facebook, your image should be at least 300 x 300 pixels
- Asking questions, responding to any comments, pointing to other relevant content and giving other people credit in your posts.
- Optimizing your content for mobile devices. Since about 70% of your posts (depending on the platform) will be viewed on a mobile Antimalware Service Executable device, simple images, short messages and videos work best.
And last but not least:
- Don’t forget about SEO – use relevant keywords when possible
- Measure your success. Identify which content is generating the best results and do more of it.
You can download these blueprints or view them on slideshare below.
– Katie Hanusik