18 Nov DC, MD, VA Companies Win Big At The Stevies For Women in Business
Yesterday, my colleague Katie wrote about SpeakerBox’s Gold Stevie Award for Women-Run Workplace of the Year. We are really excited about the recognition!
The greater DC/MD/VA area also had a nice showing at the event last Friday, with a number of winners from the District as well as Bowie, Columbia, and Germantown in Maryland, and Arlington, Alexandria, and Richmond representing Virginia.
The Stevies’ mission: “Recognize the achievements of women executives, entrepreneurs, and the organizations they run.” The awards are judged by more than 200 executives and entrepreneurs and according to the organizers, only a small sub-set of nominations are recognized with Gold, Silver, Bronze awards.
A big congratulations to the local DC, MD, and VA winners, from all of us at SpeakerBox Communications!
- Sol Systems, Washington, DC USA: Stephanie Smith, COO, Gold Winner, Female Executive of the Year – Business Services -11 to 2,500 Employees – Accounting and Financial Services
- Rita Trehan LLC, Washington, DC USA, Bronze Winner, Startup of the Year – Business Services Industries, Most Innovative Company of the Year – 10 or Less Employees
- The Frontier Project, Richmond, VA USA: Ryann Wayne, CEO, Bronze Winner, Female Executive of the Year – Business Services -11 to 2,500 Employees – Business Services
- Global Good Fund, Arlington, VA USA: Carrie Rich, Co-Founder & CEO, Gold Winner, Young Female Entrepreneur of the Year
- 11mark and EMC, Alexandria, VA USA: Integrated Marketing, Bronze Winner, Communications or PR Campaign of the Year – Marketing – Business to Business
- AECOM, Germantown, MD USA: Jill Bruning, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Gold Winner, Female Executive of the Year – Business Services -More Than 2,500 Employees – Business Service
- The Mentoring by Example Foundation, Inc., Bowie, MD USA: L. Michelle Graham, Founder and Executive Director, Bronze Winner, Female Executive of the Year – Government or Non-Profit -10 or Less Employees
- Enterprise Community Partners, Columbia, MD USA: Ali Solis, SVP, Public Policy and Corporate Affairs, Silver Winner, Female Executive of the Year – Government or Non-Profit -11 to 2,500 Employees
- Enterprise Community Partners, Columbia, MD USA: Amalia Kastberg, VP, Marketing and Communications, Silver Winner, Woman of the Year – Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- The Mentoring by Example Foundation, Inc., Bowie, MD USA, Bronze Winner, Organization of the Year – Government or Non-Profit- 10 or Less Employees